HEALING OUR DIVIDES: Sex, Gender & Our Communities
Join us for some real talk across real difference.
We will discuss how different faith communities understand gender, sexuality, and sexual expression in light of their scripture and tradition. In addition, we will examine the resources/sources that influence a community’s beliefs and practices surrounding this conversation.
1. Dr. Mark Young – Seventh president of Denver Seminary
2. Nabeeh Hasan- Co-Director of the Colorado Muslim Speakers Bureau
3. Dr. Janelle Hallman – Licensed professional counselor and Adjunct Professor at Denver Seminary
4. Isaac Archuleta- Interim Executive Director for The Gay Christian Network and Clinical Director for the IAmClinic
5. Rabbi Steve Booth-Nadav- Founder and director of Wisdom House Denver: A Center for Multifaith Dialogue and Spiritual Inquiry and Chaplain at Kavod Senior Life
Co-Hosts: Denver Seminary, Regis University and Iliff School of Theology