This one-day introductory workshop will cover the history, concepts, strategies, standards and applications of Restorative Practices. It will include tools and tips for how to manage change and effectively facilitate Restorative Practices.
Building a Restorative Community: Level 1 Restorative Justice Principles Workshop
Do you want a new skill for the workplace?
Do you want to build a peaceful community?
Do you want to learn how to build a community where discipline is handled in a restorative way?
Do you wish you could find peaceful approaches to harm, problem solving and violations of the rules?
If the answer is “yes” to any of these questions THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU!
Please join us to explore the Restorative Justice Principles and practice how to facilitate RJ circles.
During this workshop participants will be able to:
* Explore Restorative Justice and Restorative Discipline Principles
* Understand the differences between Punishment vs. Discipline
* Learn how to establish a culture of accountability amongst youth and adults
* Gain insight into Power Struggles and Authority
* Practice how to facilitate RJ circles
* Establish a network of individuals with an RJ lens
* Receive a free book on Restorative Discipline
There are several different ways we can approach a conflict, Restorative Justice is a value– based approach that includes communication, reparation, reintegration, healing, responsibility and most of all respect. The process gives the victim a voice and the opportunity for reparation and healing, being able to ask questions to the wrongdoer in a guided and safe environment. It also provides the possibility for the wrongdoer to take responsibility for his/her acts and be part of the decision making to repair the harm in a constructive way.