Come connect with others who are committed to dismantling white supremacy and supporting people of color-led organizing in Denver and learn how YOU can play a role in this work!
There will be food and community building, so come join us! Reach out and bring a friend – or five!
We will send out summary info afterwards, so if you can’t join us in person, you’ll still know what’s new and how you can join in the work.
6:00-6:30 is community gathering time. We’ll have food and we encourage bringing sharable foods as we find snacking with one another is a great way to connect and make our space feel warm and communal. Many gluten-free and veg* folks, as an FYI. If you contribute, bring an ingredients card so we know what’s up.
The meeting theme and availability of childcare are TBD.
Here’s accessibility and other info:
– If you have any questions around accessibility don’t hesitate to ask.
– There will be a lot of us in this space; please try to come fragrance-free (no colognes, perfumes, or other scented products) for folks with sensitivities.
– ASL interpreters: we often have the incredibly generous support of local ASL interpreters who donate their time at our monthly meetings. We are checking on their availability at this time.
– The building we meet in has two levels.
– The main entrance (on Williams) has many steps, with handrails, to the main (sanctuary) doors.
– There is a ramp with handrail at the alley entrance between Williams and Race and marked ADA parking spaces there (one or two).
– The main floor where we’ll be meeting is wheelchair accessible. There is a fully accessible gender neutral bathroom on the main floor. Main and alley entrances enter to this floor.
– Two multi-stall gendered bathrooms are located downstairs, as well as the childcare space. There is an accessible downstairs entrance on Williams. There are interior ramps with handrails downstairs to navigate split levels.
– Sanctuary seating includes moveable pews and chairs to assure space for wheelchair users.
– There is a sound system for amplifying speakers.
– Bus stop on Alameda at Williams (both directions) 1 block away, Bus line #3.
– Parking lot at Williams and Dakota, and neighborhood parking