Foundation for Leaders Organizing for Water and Sustainability, FLOWS, is a program of the CU Boulder Environmental Center made up of students, low-income residents in Boulder, and Boulder Housing Partners. FLOWS seeks to bridge social justice & environmental issues by providing leadership training, green job skills, & water & energy upgrades to underserved communities, while building partnerships between students, staff, & community members.
- helps lower water and energy bills for low-income residents
- provides culturally-relevant & hands-on water/energy education & training
- provides leadership and green job skills
- has provided additional opportunities for solar, high efficiency toilet, rain barrel installation, and policy trainings, etc
- provides stipends for community technicians
- provides a replicable framework